Sunday, September 16, 2012

This Weekend - and a Weekly Experiment

Most of you know that I work from home, which is to say that I am a happily self-employed Scentsy Family Consultant. Have been for 3.5 years, and love my job! The one thing I DO NOT love about my job? Its effect on my waistline! From parties with not-so-healthy appetizers and wine (yes, I drink on the job) to fairs and shows with food vendors galore, it can be hard for a gal to stay on track. That's why I used this weekend to pay attention to what I ate at The 49er Festival & Chili Cook-Off in Groveland, where I set up my Grace Adele booth.

I woke up Saturday morning at the waytooearly hour of 4 o'freakin clock to get ready and head out the door. Breakfast was a healthy smoothie with a banana, almond milk, protein powder and some flax seed with berries. Talk about starting your day right! Upon arrival at the event, I decided to add a little snack to my menu - a bottle of Sunny D and a banana. Now, I know what you're thinking. Sunny D is not the healthiest choice, but the lady sorta fooled me into buying it by telling me that she had "orange juice". So I pay for the drink, she delivers it to me, and it's Sunny D. I drank it...sue me.

The day progresses slowly, and suddenly the delectable scent of kettle korn hits my nose. Oh dear. I am a sucker for some kettle korn! Naturally, I gave in to the temptation and grabbed a bag. But fear not! I settled for the smallest bag they had - and then ate thewholedamnthing in about 20 minutes. Right on, Lexi.

The rest of the day was a little downhill. A slice of pizza bread (aka, a french roll sliced in half with some pizza sauce and cheese) and one GIANT carne asada quesadilla later, and I've sorta effed myself for the day. I try to justify this with the fact that I was on my feet and moving around literally all day, but somehow this justification falls flat. Go figure!

Normally I would berate myself for daaaaays after this kind of behavior, but you know what? This time I'm just going to let it go and move on. But my slip-ups have inspired me...

Since tomorrow is Monday, and Mondays seem to be the "start" day for every diet ever attempted, I've decided to run a little experiment beginning tomorrow morning! I hope you'll join in. Here's how it'll go:

  • I'm going to challenge myself to completely revamp my eating habits. This means that when I'm craving a cookie, I'll go and eat an apple. If I'm still hungry, it's carrots for me until my next meal!
  • Meals will be simple, easy to pronounce ingredients only! If I can't say it without practicing, it ain't going in my mouth.
  • I'm going to start paying attention to my body while I eat - stop eating when I'm full, not stuffed. Eat when I'm hungry, not bored. And if I really must eat something, I've gotta make it good for me! Fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.
This sounds like an easy experiment, and in theory it totally is! But in practice...well, if your local chocolate shop gets held up and robbed of its goods, IT WASN'T ME.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio