Friday, September 14, 2012

Foodie Friday

It's Foodie Friday - time for a recipe from The Weigh I Am test kitchens! Or more accurately, here's a recipe that I absolutely love and wanted to share with each of you :)

Tuna Salad

I am a huge fish lover, but if you're not, you can always substitute canned or fresh chicken for the canned tuna in this recipe!


  • Start with a large bowl and your favorite leafy greens - my favorite is a combo of spinach and romaine lettuce, but I usually use whatever is in the fridge and needs to get used up - and combine them in the bowl.
  • Grab your favorite salad toppings - for me, it's diced red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and a teensy bit of shredded sharp cheddar - and add them to the salad.
  • In a separate bowl (or measuring cup) mix together any dijon mustard, vinegar and oil combo you like. In our house, we prefer a spicier dijon mustard mixed with olive oil and a pomegranate-infused balsamic vinegar. Make sure that you don't add too much of your oil, you want to keep the calories down but still have enough to create a yummy dressing.
  • Open your tuna and add it to your bowl, then dump your dressing in and stir.
  • Eat! This is a quick 5-minute meal that I make almost every day, and it's one of my favorite lunches because it feels naughty, but it isn't.


Yesterday I talked about self-love, finding the good things about myself and writing them down. I didn't actually get the chance to sit and write them down yesterday (because really, when do I have time for that?) but I am just going to share a few things with you all that I absolutely love about myself:


I absolutely love my smile! I know that my teeth are crooked and not completely perfect, but when I smile it's always with my eyes. I think people can see that it's a genuine smile, not a fake one, and it's one of my favorite parts about me.


I love my hair - it's naturally red and usually willing to style itself the way I want it to. This is more than can be said for a lot of women who hate their hair, so I think I'm pretty lucky! As a teenager (and even into my adult life), I used to dye my hair to cover up the red. Now I dye it to enhance the red, and am always receiving compliments on my hair color! So, kudos to mother nature and my hairdresser, ya'll work perfectly together.


And last, but certainly not least, my sense of humor is one of my favorite things about ME. I like to think I'm pretty funny. In all seriousness though, I am able to laugh at myself in most situations, and rarely ever feel uncomfortable or embarrassed to the point where I am upset. Most often, those who witness me screwing up (and there's a lot of ya) will then witness me making some sort of self-deprecating joke about what a doofus I am, and then I move on. I'm not sure if it comes across as self-loathing or an ability to laugh at myself, but I certainly hope it's the latter.

So, there's my list of the top 3 things I love about me. What's yours? Share in the comments below, I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3 ya Lexi! Can't wait to try this salad. And I think you're pretty damn funny. That means a lot coming from me because I am HILARIOUS! ;)

Unknown said...

You do have quite a beautiful smile!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio