Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Not a Newbie

Welcome!

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you here - this is not my first time blogging. I created a blog a few years ago to document my not-so-exciting life, and it (predictably) petered out after about a year of random postings. This will not be that blog.

For those of your who followed me over here from Facebook, you already know who I am. I am Lexi, 24 year old mother of 2 and wife to Kevin. I'm a Scentsy Family Independent Director, I love my job, talk a lot, and am a redhead.

For those of you who don't know me very well (and even some of you who do) I want to let you in on a little secret - I love to eat. Put me in a setting with food, and guess what will happen? I'll eat it. We're not talking take a few bites and put it away, we're talking eatthewholedamnpanofbrowniesomg kind of eating here. And I'm ready to admit it.

Another secret? I hate myself for my eating habits. I have quite a history of working out, eating healthy, achieving my goals and then binge-eating for months until I have gained 10 pounds back. I'll catch myself walking past a mirror and saying to myself "God, your arms are fat. Your stomach is disgusting. What the hell is wrong with you?" and rather than trying to fix it, I go into the kitchen and fix myself the worst possible thing I can eat. It's an emotional eating habit that is destroying my body, my metabolism, and most importantly - my self esteem.

So I'm here, writing to all of you on the internet, about what I'm going to do to stop it. I am pledging to myself, and all of you, that I will be a better, happier and healthier me - and here's how I'm going to do it:


  • To start, I am throwing away every food item in my kitchen that will lead to a binge session or help me indulge in an unhealthy craving. This includes but is not limited to: white flour, sugar (even the fake stuff), chips, dips, mayonnaise, butter, fatty meats, and anything else I deem unhealthy. 
  • I'll be keeping a few things you WOULDN'T expect a diet-hound to keep around: healthy oils such as olive, grapeseed, or coconut, peanut butter, and whole wheat flour. A girl still has to eat, after all.
  • I'll be eating more of the following: fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and unprocessed foods.
  • I'll be cooking ALL OF MY MEALS. Every one. Nothing packaged, processed or powdered for me. For a YEAR.
  • A quick "however" to the previous point: I'm going to love myself and understand that I am only human - I am going to make mistakes, and that's okay.
  • I won't be counting calories. This, my friends, is a big step for me.
  • I will exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. I feel like this is a realistic and healthy goal, and is also the amount of exercise experts recommend for the average adult. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
  • To further my emotional health, I will be sharing each and every success and failure with all of you.
  • I will not allow myself to indulge in negative self-talk.
  • I will not allow OTHERS to make me feel badly about my body.
Along with all of my trials, tribulations, thoughts and troubles that I'll be sharing, you can all expect to find healthy recipes, exercise tips, and support from me.

Want to join me in this journey? Comment below and make a commitment with me: eat right, exercise, and be healthy and happy with me for one year. 365 days of commitment.

Wish me luck! And I'll wish you the same :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Props to you!!! This is a huge undertaking! I cannot wait to cheer you on - and perhaps get some good recipe ideas!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio